Parents & Citizens’ Association
Meetings of the Ashgrove State School Parents and Citizens’ (P&C) Association are held in the JB Stephens Building, at 7.00pm on the second Tuesday of every month unless otherwise advised through the school newsletter. All parents and community partners are invited to become members of the P&C Association. We welcome and encourage you to attend the meetings to learn about what goes on and to be actively involved in the school either through membership or volunteering.
Our meetings provide a forum for discussion on a variety of issues related to fundraising, our school and the students. Minutes of the P&C Association meetings are available for parents to view via the Parent Lounge access.
Our P&C Association fulfills a major role in the school through various other fundraising activities that are also important social events for our community. Our P&C Association also provides Tuckshop and Uniform shop services to our students and school families as well as the Ashgrove Aces Amateur Swimming Club.
The P&C Association embraces and is immensely proud of our school Fete. It is a much anticipated community event and our main fundraiser during the year. Funds raised from this event enable the P&C Association to further support the school leadership team in providing additional funding that is used to enhance student learning.
All Fete enquiries can be directed via email to: email@example.com
The Ashgrove State School P&C Association is here to work with the principal and the school community in a productive partnership to achieve the best possible outcomes for students at our school.
Our P&C Association is a group of community minded people, parents and citizens’, who take on a more formal role to assist our school in providing:
- Feedback on school policies and activities.
- Additional resources/funding to be used to enhance student learning .
- Parents with opportunities to be involved in their child’s education.
Main functions of the Ashgrove State School P&C Association are:
- To foster community interest in educational matters.
- To encourage closer cooperation between the parents of students attending the school, other members of the community, staff and students of the school.
- To provide advice and recommendations to the principal of the school on issues and concerns in respect of students and the general operation and management of the school.
- To provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students of the school.
- To perform any other functions, not inconsistent with the Act, as the Minister may decide.
The P&C Associations Executive Committee can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Rachel Gadsden
Vice President: Vacant
Treasurer: Shaun Landy
Download a copy of the 2018 P&C Constitution
Download a copy of the PnC School Contribution 2018
Our P&C Association supports an Excellence Fund to assist parents with sport costs when students are selected to compete in their chosen field at a Regional level or equivalent. The intention is to provide recognition for significant achievement and assist in offsetting some of the costs incurred particularly where travel is involved. This monetary amount is dependent on the destination of the student’s activity and is available by application to the P&C Association.
Applications will only be considered for those students whose parents have paid the P&C Association contribution and/or those parents who contribute to the school community through working voluntarily throughout the school.