Our Digital Technologies program supports the school vision of being a World Class School. Through providing our students with access to up to date technology, learning and teaching that encompasses 21st century skills and engaging and personalised learning programs, we aim to equip our students with the skills they will require to be confident and capable digital users now and into the future.
Students in Prep to Year Two will access a range of technology provided by the school. These students will not be required to bring any technology from home.
Students in Years Three to Six will access iPads in the classroom. Parents of students in these year levels can choose from one of the following options that are aligned to DET Policy and supported by the State Education Fees Matrix.
1. Purchase their own iPad for their child to use;
2. Join the Student Resource Scheme and pay $240/year to access a school iPad whilst at school (this includes apps, administration/maintenance cost, hire of the device, case, screen protector provided by the school).
3. Access an equity fleet. (This option is for families experiencing financial hardship. Please ring the office to make an appointment to discuss this option if required.)
Required Apps for Year 3 to Year 6 iPads
The best way to download these Apps on your child’s iPad:
- On your student device use Safari to open the Ashgrove State School Website Page: http://www.ashgrovess.eq.edu.au/
- Click on the tab, Teaching and Learning
- Click on Digital Technologies
- Open the relevant Year Level App List 2019
- Click on each App name and it will take you straight to the App store to download and or purchase the App.
- Complete for all Apps on the list. Students in Year 4-6 in 2018 may already have many of these Apps on their iPad.
- Any issues please email Sandra Gardner – email@example.com
*App prices are correct as at December 2018 and are subject to change without warning.
** Teachers may request that other apps be installed during the year to complement class activities. You will be advised in writing if this occurs.